“Effort Beyond the Contact Center”
Non-contact center applications of the Low Effort concept-
Customer Effort in Retail
Most critical factors when it comes to customer effort in retail environment are
“Navigability” – How easy it is for customers to find what they are looking for
“Issue Resolution” – How easy it is for customers to get help solving some problem.
Customer Effort in Product Design
Simplicity of design and ease of use really make certain products stand out in a crowd.
- Apple’s ease of use is legendary.
- Bose is another consumer electronics company that just ‘gets’ the idea of low effort. They put simple color-coded tags on wires that match the color of the jacks they plug into. Easy stuff!
- TurboTax uses intuitive, plain-English, question based approach to helping taxpayers do their taxes.
Customer Effort in Purchase Experience
Decision Simplicity – Simplifying a consumer’s purchase decision
comes down to 3 things-
- Making it easy for consumers to navigate information about the brand
- Providing information that is noteworthy
- Making it simple for consumers to weight their options
Effort should be reduced throughout the customer life-cycle.
Reducing effort in pre- and post-sales customer touch-points has measurable loyalty impact.
The Best companies Live low-effort.
Top brands are adopting the principle of a low-effort experience across multiple facets of their business, from product design to the sales experience.
2 thoughts on “Read Along – ‘The Effortless Experience’- Chapter 8”
[…] Book: Read Along – ‘The Effortless Experience’- Chapter 8 – Nishi Grover Garg – https://testwithnishi.com/2021/06/21/read-along-the-effortless-experience-chapter-8/ […]
[…] Chapter-8 Effort Beyond the Contact centre […]