I recently came across this podcast which is a very interesting and thoughtful conversation. Hosted by Robby Russell , Maintainable is a podcast hosted about overcoming problems often associated with technical debt and legacy code. In this episode, Robby speaks with Melissa Eaden, Tech Lead in Quality at Unity 3D. She shares her experience working with legacy code as it relates to testing. Hearing this conversation, I could not help nodding along and agreeing with each word about problems in testing, requirements for a tester and the best use of existing resources, communication and collaboration for a better quality initiative in your teams. Check out the podcast and listen to the episode here ->
Here are some key points that resonated with me-
- Visibility , Communication and Research are the 3 most important arsenal for a tester
- It’s never a one person job
- The importance of communication and making connections
- Information gathering via offhand conversations
- Quality is a people problem!
Hope you enjoy it!